Hair Care tips from stars of the screen
What do Lauren Bacall, Katherine Hepburn and Marsha Brady have in common? They all brushed their hair for 100 strokes per day with a natural bristle brush……Why?
Natural bristle brushes help to distribute the oil over the whole hair strand from the scalp to the tips of the hair. This makes perfect sense as the scalp otherwise becomes oily while the ends become dry. A synthetic brush just doesn’t distribute the oil as well, as the plastic bristles are smoother and don’t hold on to the oil as effectively as the natural bristle.
So why would you use a natural bristle brush?
• A bristle brush naturally conditions your hair using your own scalp sebum. It improves the appearance of most hair types. Dry hair is repaired as the sebum is distributed along the hair shaft, giving it a lustrous shine. Oily hair benefits from the sebum build up being removed from the scalp. Frizzy hair is tamed with the best anti frizz serum invented.
• Regular scalp massage stimulates hair growth by increasing blood flow to the hair follicles, which can improve hair growth.
• Meditative effect – the rhythmic strokes of the hair brushing can be a relaxing part of your bedtime routine.
Tips for using a natural bristle brush
• Remove tangles first with a wide toothed comb.
• Brush gently from the scalp to the tip of the hair.
• Aim for 100 strokes per day while you are relaxing before going to bed. This may not be achievable for all of us, but start with 50 and work up from there!
We often hear from customers that they were given a Mason and Pearson brush as a child and it is still going strong! We have just filled our Mason and Pearson stand for Christmas, so please ask us about which of their brushes is best for you or your family.Leave a reply →