Professional and convenient. Naturopaths, nutritionists and pharmacists available.
A wide range of services that can save you a trip to the doctors.
Naturopathy & Nutrition Consults
We have qualified practitioners in store. Contact us if you’d like help with getting off your meds, dealing with stress or anxiety, how to detox, improve your energy levels, fixing digestive disorders, women’s health issues, pregnancy and conception, banishing acne, constipation and many more conditions.
Influenza Vaccinations are now free in NSW for adults and children over 5 years old.
Annual vaccination offers effective protection against influenza. While it does not offer 100% protection, vaccination does decrease your chance of getting influenza and also reduces the severity of the symptoms if you do catch the virus. Getting vaccinated also protects those around you, including pregnant women, babies and young children, older people and people with certain chronic health conditions.
Covid Vaccinations are free in NSW for adults and children over 5.
Personalised Medicine Packs
Are you taking the correct number of pills in the correct combinations at the correct time?
Personalised Medication Packs help make taking medication safer
You don’t have to starve yourself or skip meals or other get-thin-quick schemes. In fact you shouldn’t do any of those. You can end up doing more damage than good.
Free Medication Reviews
- Do you take 5 or more regular medicines?
- Have you recently had significant changes made to your medicines treatment?
- Do you take medicines that require regular monitoring?
- Do you have difficulty managing your own medicines?
- Greenwich Village Pharmacy can assist you with our free HMR service
Home Medicines Reviews assist individuals living at home to maximise the benefits of their medicine regimen and prevent medication related problems.
Blood Pressure Monitoring
Did you know that high blood pressure is believed to contribute three-quarters of all strokes and heart attacks?
That’s a huge risk factor, but despite being such as serious health condition most people with high blood pressure will not have any symptoms. Even if their blood pressure readings reach dangerously high levels, they may have no idea. That’s why high blood pressure is called a ‘silent killer’.
Here is a basic guide to blood pressure readings:
- Blood pressure readings give you two numbers, such as 120mmHg/80mmHg (read as 120 over 80). The top number is called the systolic pressure, and the lower number is called the diastolic pressure.
- The ‘mmHg’ stands for millimetres of mercury.
- An optimum blood pressure is a reading with the top number less than 120 and the bottom number less than 80. So 120/80 is nice and healthy.
- Elevated (high) blood pressure is also known as ‘hypertension’.
- Elevated blood pressure or hypertension is defined as when the top number is over 140 and the bottom number is over 90
A blood pressure check is very simple and completely painless, and takes just one minute.
When you need to take sick leave from work, most employers will require you to provide a certificate from a health professional, such as a medical certificate or Absence from Work certificate.
We can provide you with an Absence from Work certificate. This is a quick and easy way to get the required certificate without having to visit a doctor or make an appointment.
Starting a young family can be hard work and stressful, especially when encountering common baby problems such as sleeping, feeding and common infant ailments.
Our pharmacists can provide advice and products to help you treat minor baby conditions such as nappy rash, eczema, cradle cap, constipation, pain and fever, rashes and teething.